Saturday, 6 April 2013

Paris

Paris is another one of those iconic cities - even if you've never been you're more than likely to still recognize the big attractions. We almost felt like we'd seen them before - just in textbooks or post cards - which meant that we were basically only really awed by the fact that the originals, in real life, are much bigger than their pictures!


So, in light of the fact that I can only share with you more small pictures, I'll be brief in Paris... other than a few ramblings on our general impression in Paris...

First Up: I think more people smoke here than in Switzerland.. so I think that we must be up to 85% of the total population over 14?

Second Thought: Food is cheap in Paris - just not in the restaurants or cafes which leads me to my

Third Thought: Paris would be more fun if:
a) It had been summer and we could have picnic'd in the parks on fresh bread, cheese, and wine
b) Had more money so that you could afford to linger at cafes and eat at restaurants
c) Had a whole week so that you could linger longer at each attraction since you paid dearly for your ticket. Personally, I think if you go on a weekend to Versailles (when there is an extra fee because the fountains are on) - you should be able to stay the night!

So,  long story short - we came, we saw, we left.. here is a few of our pictures!

Matt and I at the Eiffel Tower
Matt and I (and 75 other tourists) at the Arc de Triomphe
Matt and I at Notre Dame
(Note: It's hard to fit two people and a landmark in a photo)
Matt and I at the gates to Versailles
Matt and I in the gardens at Versailles
And lastly, Matt and I at the Louve :)

1 comment:

  1. I love these pictures. You two look like you are having an absolute blast. :)

    ReplyDelete