Sunday, 24 March 2013

The Still Leaning Tower of Pisa


While in Florence, Matt and I did the trip out to Pisa to see the tower...

And for anyone worried about the famous Leaning Tower of Pisa - I am pleased to be able to inform you that it is, in fact, still leaning merrily away and hasn't fallen over... how could it with the dozens of tourists an hour holding it up during photo ops? :)


I really don't have too much to stay about this one... it's pretty famous, and it was still leaning. There is a nice Cathedral  and other buildings also in the Piazza of Miracles which you never see photos of... and naturally, there are TONS of chinky stalls and men calling to you to look at their wares - Matt and I steered clear since we didn't have a need for a leaning cigarette lighter, coffee mug, paper weight, or stuffed toy.. etc. 





No comments:

Post a Comment